Friday, May 7, 2010

Update on the Homefront

<><>I just got to chat with my beautiful family for a few minutes. They are all so precious! Leeann told me, "Mommy, daddy is taking real good care of us." I expected nothing less, but it was so sweet to hear. 
<><> 
<><>
<><>The first part of the week was busy for them back home. Rob worked as usual, so the kids have been staying with a combination of friends during the day. And, they have been somewhere else each night this week too, busy with meetings and dinner dates. 
<><>
<><> 
<><>Leeann doesn't have school today and Rob doesn't have work either, so I assumed they'd have a lazy morning today. But, come to find out, they were at Jiffy Lube getting the oil changed when I called and they'd already gone out to breakfast together at McDonald's.  This was all by 9:30. I would have still been asleep!
<><>
<><>
<><> 
<><>The other morning when I heard from them Rob was playing Lego's with them and as I was on the phone he had to go fix the unbalanced washing machine because he was doing laundry. This was all before school.
<><>
<><> 
<><>I'm beginning to get a complex... I think Rob might make a better mommy than me! I roll out of bed as late as possible and then shoo everyone around from here to there in a hurry because I woke up too late. Forget things like going out to breakfast, playing lego's and getting oil changes first thing in the morning! And laundry... ha! Laundry is reserved for the moment in which one of us runs out of socks or unders. 
<><>
<><> 
<><>I love my husband. He's not perfect, but he's pretty stinkin' amazing. I mean seriously, who else would encourage his wife to go all the way across the country for 10 days and excel at taking care of the kids and the home? 
<><>
<><> 
<><>I love that man. And those kids. I must confess, I've got it good!





No comments: