Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Yellow Cupcake Roses with Red Tips

IMG_0662IMG_0648IMG_0608

IMG_0656

 

This bouquet of yellow roses with red tips was created for an Options Pregnancy Resource Center volunteer appreciation banquet. It started out as plain yellow roses, but I decided to try hand painting the tips with a pinkish-red food coloring.

I used a basic buttercream icing and Wilton 1M tip (2D works too!) to create the roses. After I piped the roses I refrigerated the cupcakes to let the icing stiffen enough to paint the tips.

For a rough tutorial on putting a bouquet like this together, see this post.

The embellishments are a combination of tissue paper and fake flowers. I happen to have found all of the necessary supplies to make this bouquet at my local Wal-Mart.

After the fact I found this video tutorial which seems like a much easier way to accomplish a similar look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8SYhPFLYEA. Live and learn I guess! This video will also show you how to create the rose technique itself. You’ll be amazed at how simple it actually is!

No comments: