Monday, June 6, 2016

Dear Little One-- One Trimester Down, Two To Go!

Dear Little One,

We have made it to the 2nd trimester. You are officially 1/3 of the way through the baking process,
My first picture of you at
6 weeks, 6 days. You were only
the size of a blueberry.  I had no idea
how far along I was or if I would
get to see your heart beat. My big
puffy eyes are a result of my sobbing
at the sight you. I've cried every time I've
seen or heard your over the past few
months. I may or may not be a little on
the emotional side these days!

I sent this picture to

daddy to share the good news!  
and approximately the size of a peach!

The chances of us getting to bring you home once you've passed the 1st trimester are very promising, especially since we've heard your heart beat and gotten a chance to see you.

If you're reading this someday, clearly, you finished baking with success!

Guess what? Last night I even got to feel you move! I've thought I may have been feeling you move from time to time for the past two weeks but I wasn't positive, and that would definitely be on the early side. Last night though, I felt something funny just to the right of my tummy below my belly button. A few minutes later I felt it again. It must be you dancing and rolling and playing around! I went out to tell your daddy and he put his hand on my tummy and swore he felt you too. I told him it was too early for him to be able to feel it from the outside, but he insists that he did, so I won't argue!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me tell you a little bit about the last few months. It's been a doozy, but oh-so worth it.

About a week after I found out I was expecting you I got the 'pleasure' of getting sick and throwing up often. I say 'pleasure' because it was a constant reminder that you were doing well and getting what you needed to be healthy. I put quotes around it because throwing up is not the least bit pleasurable.

But at this point I haven't thrown up much in the past week and I feel increasingly human by the day. I am celebrating that both you and I made it through these past few months!

So yes, I've had the customary nausea and vomiting, but I've also had some other symptoms that you might find hilarious someday. I didn't find them hilarious a few weeks ago, but even now I can find some humor in some of them.

Here are some of the things that have given me a really hard time:

  • The smell of bread toasting
  • The smell of red onions
  • The smell of the drapes in my house
  • The smell of bathrooms
  • The smell of breath
  • The smell of my hair after I've flat ironed it (even 12 hours later!)
  • The smell of my closet
  • The smell of hot foods
  • The sight of various foods for any number of reasons
  • The taste of my own mouth (yeah, that was fun!)
  • The feeling of a toothbrush in my mouth (which is not good considering the point above)
  • The feeling of being touched (I am always HOT, and touch only makes it worse)
  • The sun (see above)
  • Getting into a hot car (see above)
  • Taking a warm shower (see above)
  • Waking up and opening my eyes before eating something
  • Loud noises
  • Flickering lights
As a bonus, I pretty much spent two whole months asleep. I wish I were joking. Most days, if given the opportunity, I would wake up and eat then go back to bed. Then wake up and eat and take a nap, or lay down and watch Call the Midwife on Netflix. Then I'd eat and then sleep for a few hours in the afternoon. Then I would wake up and eat and try to stay awake a few hours. Then I would fall asleep again somewhere in the 8-9 o'clock range, usually while watching another episode. I can literally think of only a few tangible things I've accomplished over the past couple of months, unless you count watching an entire t.v. series.  

However, what I have been accomplishing is pretty remarkable. I'm growing a human! 

And for that, I continue to be oh-so grateful. In the moment these last two months have almost felt unbearable at some points. However, I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel, and day by day I'm getting more and more excited about your impending arrival. I am fully aware of the blessing that you are, and I am tickled that I'm getting a chance to know you more and more each day!

I love you Little One!

Love, 

Mommy 

No comments: