Monday, October 3, 2016

Dear Little One-- Just Two More Months!

Dear Little One,

I just realized that I haven't written a post for you since August 3rd, which was two months ago! I'm loooong overdue to give an update. I wish I had done a better job of chronicling this journey, but alas, better late than never?

Your first picture in Yellowstone Park
27 weeks
I have a good excuse though. In those two months we visited Wisconsin, candidated for a pastoral position, returned to Oregon, packed up all of our worldly possessions, said goodbye to friends and family, and took a week long trip across the country. It's been a crazy, crazy, crazy time!

In all of this I literally had one goal: to get you to Wisconsin, in my womb, alive. Just a few minutes after we crossed into Wisconsin from Minnesota, I felt you leap within my womb and rejoiced at the fact that we had indeed gotten you to Wisconsin, just as we'd hoped and prayed.

I still daily marvel with awe and wonder every single time I feel you leap inside of me. In these past few weeks your movements have gotten so strong, very intense, and plenty frequent! There is no doubt in my mind that you are growing. I am so grateful for that!

I haven't exactly had a flawless pregnancy, but your health and growth continue to get good reports. I've had some unexplained bleeding (one episode that landed me in the hospital for a few hours), some intense Braxton Hicks contractions (that landed me on near bedrest for a few days), and some joint pain (that makes it difficult for me to stand or sit for any lengthy period of time). Needless to say, that made packing up my entire house and spending 2,300+ miles in the car quite difficult.

Oh, and I failed my gestational diabetes test which now leaves me counting every carb, being very intentional about what I eat, and testing my blood sugar 6 times a day.

But, beautiful things are often shown through difficulty. I have been unable to do much of anything these past several months. I'd say I've been operating at about 10% of my normal energy levels. It's literally all I can do to just make it through the day on most days. Your daddy and siblings have been amazingly helpful. They've all stepped up and done far more than their fair share of keeping things running smoothly for our family in the midst of this chaos.

Not only that, but there have been so many friends who have chipped in to help to make this move happen as quickly and painlessly as it did. I don't want you to get a big head, but it's pretty much been all about you, kid! We wanted to get here to Wisconsin as quickly as possible so I can get established with a new doctor, and to increase the likelihood that we would actually make it here. We knew the longer we waited in Albany the more likely it would be that I would end up having to stay there until after you were born. So, as hard as it was to pack every box and cram every goodbye into less than 3 weeks, we somehow managed.

Many friends came and helped us pack, more than 60 people came to help us load our truck, and more than 100 people came to our little Farewell party and "Baby Sprinkle". Instead of traditional baby shower gifts, our Oregon friends brought you books to enjoy as you grow. They all have letters written to you inside. I cannot wait to share these treasures with you and tell you all about these people who loved you and prayed for you before you were born. Many of them have prayed for you long before you ever came to be, even!

We are all so excited to cuddle you up on our laps and read some of these delightful books to you. Soon enough, Little One, soon enough. Just two more months to go!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: