Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm not behind, and neither are you!

FlyLady likes to tell me, "You're not behind. Don't try to catch up, just jump right in where we're at!"

And like I said, I'm going to try my best to obey her. I enjoyed a nice long weekend with my family and my internet time is greatly restricted when my husband is home. Not by him, simply due to the fact that we are doing lots of other things when he's home. Things that don't allow for me to spend heaps of time surfin' the net. All that to say, I'm not going to post about each of the baby steps that I have yet to post about. You can read them for yourself if you missed them.

And if you'd like to know how I did with them you can just imagine to yourself that I've sailed through them with grace and determination. While you're busy imagining this I'm going to read through the baby-steps and try to figure out which day I'm supposed to be on and how close I came to accidentally accomplishing the tasks listed for each day. I can tell you that I have kept my shoes laced up and my sink shiny. For the most part. Except for right now... I confess, I'm shoeless. And I have accomplished virtually nothing today! She's so right it's scary!

We did get lots done though. I think FlyLady would be proud. Take this weekend for example. We did some Spring cleaning. Loads of it. Loads and loads of Spring cleaning. We're trying to sell our condo and we have someone coming to look at it tomorrow so we've spent the last several days doing all of the things I regularly neglect doing. Like dusting cobwebs from the ceiling, entryway and back porch. Like washing windows and rearranging furniture to attempt to make one of our rooms look bigger (and it worked, quite well I might add!). We did heaps of laundry so whoever's looking at our house isn't embarrassed by the fact that every basket in our house is over-flowing with dirty laundry. It's my weakness. I do a thousand loads of crisis laundry in one day about every week or two. FlyLady is threatening to kick that habit though. I'm not sure how I feel about that. My husband is ecstatic at the thought. He's been telling me for years that I if I just did one load a day... something, something, something. He's not perfect, but he's often right. I think it might be the case here, but I'm trying not to skip ahead so for now I'll just ignore the fact he's right and that one load a day is in my future.

While I may not have done many productive things to my house today, I have been productive. To make a long story short, I'm planning my 10 year class reunion. I've spent months trying to track down 200+ people, and now it's crunch time. I have to find the rest of them and get evites out, and make various plans. So I've been doing a lot of that 'stuff' over the weekend.

Oh, and VBS is in 20 days. I'm the Children's Ministry Director. The thought of all that is left un-done is daunting... so I'm going to choose not to think about that now. First I will get back to putting the final touches on whipping my house into show-worthy shape. Then I'll think about VBS. First things first. I really should stop blogging now.

Besides, my husband will be home in just over an hour, and I really should make it appear as if I've done something other than watch The Biggest Loser Finale with my kids today. Like, I should probably brush my hair, and wash the griddle from last night. And I should have Leeann do her homework that I forgot to have her do over the long weekend. Keepin it real...

No comments: