Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Life is better with friends!



These are my friends Melissa and Jayme. These are not only my friends, but my ministry buddies. Ministry is WAY more fun with friends! We're like the 3 musketeers. Our names during VBS are S'More, Spunky and Boss Lady.

We are three people that complete each other in a weird way.

S'more is the servant. She'll do anything, for anyone at any time. She asks me what I have on my to-do list that she can get done for me. Who does that? She always has a smile on her face, and servants heart. Wherever she goes she brings like 18 kids. Seriously. There are her 3 (and one on the way), 3 neighbor kids that might as well be hers. And she's got a plethora of younger siblings that she has in tow on many occasions. The woman just loves kids (and chaos!). One day after VBS I came into my office in the afternoon and the lights were off. I slowly opened the door to find 8 kids napping on my floor, with Melissa at my computer. She's like a mother bear! And I know she only looks 16, but really, she is in her 20's!

And there's me. They call me Spunky. That name fits me less and less as each year goes by! I'm not 19 anymore folks! I'm the Tom Sawyer of the group. The delegater. The overseer and job-giver. I'm the fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, optimistic one. I'm great at thinking through last-minute and big picture details. But, I'm not as gifted at thinking things through until it's already crunch time.

Thinking things through in advance is Jayme's job. That's why we call her Boss Lady! She's a multi-tasking mama who travels a lot, doesn't sleep and works full-time. She's powered by Starbucks. She gets a venti, vanilla soy two pump toffee something, something. Yet she loves kids and ministry, so she somehow juggles it all with ease. Of course it requires her to do things like have 5:00 (a.m., people) video conferences after our VBS camp-out. She's crazy! She keeps us in line. She has HUGE ideas! Because she works full-time and travels a lot she has to keep us on track. She's the one that schedules meetings, sets agendas and sends out email reminders. She's an adrenaline junky. Did I mention she doesn't sleep? Seriously. I get emails from her in the middle of the night. Her clients are all over the place so she has to business at all sorts of strange hours. Then she fits ministry some where in the midst of it all!

Anyway, I was just looking through my VBS pictures and couldn't help but smile when I came across this one I love these ladies! I'm so blessed to get to do life and ministry with such wonderful women!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: