Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Love Story—A Man of Many Words

Tuesday morning rolled around and I was pretty sure I’d see Rob on campus by the end of the day. I think we were both going out of our ways to be in the right place at the right time by that stage, so I figured a “chance” meeting was inevitable after our date on Saturday. It was killing me that it had been nearly 3 days since I’d heard from him.

We had spent enough time together on Saturday, and had serious enough conversations that I was pretty sure he, being the gentleman he was, would have to have a heart-to-heart with me if decided not to ask me out on another date.

But, I was oh so hopeful that he enjoyed our time together as much as I did. Either way, I wanted so badly to see his gorgeous smile again.      

Sometime that morning I stopped by my on campus mail box and took a peek inside. At first glance I didn’t see anything and started to walk by. Then I did a double-take as a small piece of paper caught my eye.

I quickly backtracked and fumbled with the knob trying to concentrate on entering my lock code. I could see this little piece of paper staring at me from inside and I was so hopeful it was a note from Rob. I was so anxious to hear from him—if it was good news, of course!

I finally got my box open and snatched up the tiny strip of paper folded in half and sealed with a sticker. BOX 778 was written on the outside in block writing that I’d come to know as Rob’s.

I took a deep breath and peeled back the sticker.

SATURDAY WAS FUN.

That’s all it said. No explanation, no exclamation point, no elaboration. Just a simple declaration of his feelings about our date.

I see that I have a man of many words on my hands I thought to myself with a grin on my face that stretched from ear to ear. Then my thoughts continued with the sentiment, please, please, please let our next date be sooner than two and a half weeks away! I’m eager to see him again!

Apparently I wasn’t the only one eager to pick up where we left off. Rob asked me out again that night. We made plans to meet down town at 8:00 that evening. In my opinion, 8:00 couldn’t come soon enough!

Click on the "Our Love Story" tag at the top of the page to see other love story posts, or to start from the beginning. 

No comments: