Monday, May 2, 2011

Reflections

Where does time go? This is a picture of my kiddos (right) and their cousins (left) more than four years ago. Where's the rewind button?

I have recently discovered that I don't take nearly enough time to reflect.

I've been scouring through old boxes looking for my love notes. In some of those boxes I've found letters, emails and reminders galore of times gone by.

I've come across mementos, journals, letters from friends, encouragement cards from college, transcripts, activity sheets, college information, pictures, etc.

All of these things have brought back a flood of memories for me. I've had the opportunity to reflect on my childhood, my teenage years, my decision to follow Christ, my college years, my dating life, my engagement, my marriage, my journey into the life of a pastor's wife and my adventures in motherhood.

After reflecting on all of these things all I can think about is how much I've been blessed! I serve a God who loves me in spite of my glaring imperfections. I have a husband who cares for me, provides for me, and lovingly walks through life with me each and every day. I have two kids who are each uniquely amazing, and incredible blessings from God above. The rest is just details...  

I've been blessed beyond measure! It's so good to take some time to look back at all that God has used to make me who I am. I look forward to looking back on this time of my life someday and remembering all that God is doing in me, through me, and in spite of me, even at this hectic, crazy, busy time in my life.

I am incredibly thankful for God's abundant blessings in my life!

No comments: