Friday, April 29, 2016

Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Icing

I pulled into my driveway last night after an event at church and suddenly remembered two things:

1.) I had to drop my car of at the mechanic before morning.

2.) I promised my favorite client (my husband) that I would make him some carrot cake cupcakes for a retirement potluck at work along with a couple of individual cupcake boxes for the retirees.

Mind you, this was at 9 o'clock at night.

My husband, being oh-so understanding, drove with me to the shop and then we put the kids to bed and I got started on yet another late night baking adventure.

Honestly though, despite my best intentions, it's just kind of what I do.

Luckily, I'm also in the middle of a delightful show about horses on Netflix and Rob got me some wireless headphones for my Birthday this year, so it's not so rough spending my evenings in the kitchen.

And despite the mess, I enjoy when something beautiful and yummy comes out of my kitchen that ends up being a blessing to others!

No comments: