Monday, May 24, 2010

Met's Game

And this is why I tried diligently to keep up on posting pictures of my trip as they happened--I knew it would take me forever to get around to it after I got home. I've been home for almost two full weeks now and have yet to post the final few pictures of my last two days in New Jersey.

I've been spending too much time catching up on snuggles with my family to justify much in the way of 'me' time. My favorite 'me' activity is blogging, so it's one that usually goes by the way-side during busy seasons.


But alas, here they are. These are pictures of SaraJane and I at Citi Stadium, watching the Met's play a phenomenal game against the Washington Nationals.


And this is a picture of me with the hot dog that I bought from a vendor walking the stands. It was on my "Things to do on the East Coast" list. Kind of. The actual item on the list was to buy one from a street vendor in New York City, but I just couldn't quite bring myself to do it. I am a woman who doesn't eat fast food meat. Seriously... nothing. I won't eat it. I have a thing. A fetish... it's kind of weird. I'll buy a hamburger and remove the beef patty. I won't eat meat that appears undercooked or mishandled in any way. I don't eat meat from the houses of people with messy kitchens, or food left out on their counter that I know should be refrigerated (because then I question how long they've let the meat I'm eating stay on the counter). I pretty much don't eat meat unless I cooked it. Even then it's only chicken or turkey, or the occasional pot-roast. And, I only eat a few small pieces (and by pieces, I mean bites... very, very small bites) because I know I should eat some protein somewhere in my diet. Oh, and I never eat left-over meat, or sandwhich meat that didn't come from a package I know I just opened within the last 3 days. I'm not a vegetarian. I just don't like the taste of meat. And, I'm a one-woman freak show. Now you know!

Wow, that was a lot of information spurred from a single picture! And for the record, I ate about 2 bites and gave the rest to SJ.


Of course, Beary Bear and Birdie Alex joined us at the Met's game and boy-oh-boy was it a good one! We were down 6-2 most of the game, but scored 6 runs in the bottom of the 8th to overtake them 8-6. Then we got out their first 3 batters. The third out was made by a first basemen flying over the rail to catch a foul ball. It was so cool! 

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but it's a sport I can appreciate. And free tickets to a Met's game-- Who can pass that up? 

No comments: